Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gave up on the Toddler Bed!

George watched Kayla this afternoon while I ran some errands. She was in dire need of a nap after last night's record-setting 6 hours of sleep. Surprisingly, Kayla did pretty well this morning as she tagged along with us to IHOP for a late breakfast, then out to Gainesville as we picked up a $40 changing table off of Craigslist. Well, okay, the drive out to Gainesville and back home was a little dicey but she napped for a bit in the car.

Anyway, back to the story... George set up the pack and play in Kayla's bedroom and said she was out cold in 5 minutes when he laid her down for her nap. She insisted that Mr. Moose 2008 12 25 013 stay in the pack and play. After 5 days (or however many it's been) of interrupted/uncomfortable/awkward sleep, we have come to the conclusion that Kayla just sleeps better in an enclosed area, like her crib or pack and play. Maybe it's a security thing? I dunno.

After Kayla's bath, George gave her a nebulizer treatment, read a few books and Kayla fell asleep while drinking her milk. She cried when he took the sippy cup out of her mouth. He put her down in the pack and play and by the time he got downstairs she had stopped crying and was dead asleep. It's been almost 3 hours and while she has tossed and turned a bit (which she typically does anyway), she has yet to make a peep! The poor girl must be exhausted! (Was I too harsh on her this week??? I hope I don't come off as a mean mommy, I was just trying to give Kayla some time to adjust and wanted to give her credit for initially falling asleep earlier and earlier each night!)

I think she still loves her new room, so we will definitely keep her there even if Baby Girl #2 doesn't officially move into the nursery for awhile. In the meantime, I will be scouring Craigslist for a not-too-dated, not-too-beat-up Pack and Play, either to put in our bedroom for Baby Girl #2, or maybe on the main level of our house so she can nap there during the day. We have some rearranging to do still in Kayla's room, now that we've added the pack and play and changing table. I promise I'll get photos up soon!

1 comment:

  1. maybe you can build an enclosure thing for miss kayla's bed so she feels like she's in a big crib??

    ReplyDelete