Kayla was "helping" me cook dinner while Jocelyn and George were downstairs playing. When Kayla called down the stairs to let them know that dinner was ready, Jocelyn emerged wearing a blue Target Dollar Spot tutu that she must have dug out from one of the toy bins. Kayla, of course, wanted to wear it too. We have a pink tutu in the house somewhere, but of course, like all other things, when you actually need an item that you know is around the house, you can never locate it when you want it.
So George convinced Kayla to let Jocie wear the tutu through dinner, and afterwards it would be Kayla's turn. Next thing we know it's bathtime and Kayla has yet to get her turn with the tutu, so she asks George if she can wear it to bed. George complies but tells her she has to sleep quietly by herself. Kayla nods very seriously and even tells him that she'll stay in her bed until good morning time.
After bath, George got her dressed in her PJs and she was super excited to wear her tutu over them. She told him she couldn't wait to wake up and dance in her tutu in the morning and proceeded to put her arms up and spin in a circle on her tiptoes. I hope this is a sign that she will be excited about her Tiny Tutus class that starts next week at the RECenter. I wonder if they require tutus and ballet slippers, and if I could get away with my dollar spot tutu?
(I don't know how clear this picture turned out, but I thought she looked like she fell asleep smiling!)
such a sweetie patweety.
ReplyDelete