Kayla was the lucky recipient of a Candyland game as a gift for her third birthday. While she hasn't quite mastered the rules of the game yet, she certainly enjoys repurposing the pieces.
Even if we wanted to try to play Candyland the "real" way, I doubt we'd be able to find all the game cards. Kayla enjoys using the color cards as tickets for the Dinosaur Train. (If you ever come over to our house, don't be alarmed if she starts yelling "Tickets please!!" and then proceeds to stick her foot into the palm of your hand. She's only pretending that you're holding a ticket and that she's the Conductor, a troodon dinosaur with a huge toe claw that is used to punch a hole in the tickets.)
Today, while George and I were tidying up the play area, I noticed that the Candyland game pieces were standing in a circle on the play kitchen counter. I asked George if he put the pieces there and he answered no, Kayla was pretending that they were playing ring around the rosy and was actually singing the song to them.
With the toy plane in the background i thought they looked like they could be getting ready to board the plane!
What a cutie! And very imaginative
ReplyDelete