Friday, September 10, 2010
Withdrawal ?
I think Jocelyn is going through Kayla withdrawal. For the past two nights, Jocelyn has been waking up crying. I can't do anything to soothe her until I put her down on the ground. She immediately points to her bedroom door, walks over to it and tries opening it. When I finally relent and open the door for her, she walks into the hallway, points to Kayla's room like she wants to go in. Thank goodness Kayla slept like a rock the first night. Jocelyn peeped over Kayla's bed and at my urging, toddled away and went back into her room. Last night Jocelyn started crying at 9:00 before I was even to coax Kayla in to bed. They gave each other hugs and kisses and then Kayla said, "well I'm getting sleepy, I'm gonna go to bed." (So funny because she always asks for mommy or daddy to stay with her until she falls asleep. it usually takes several white lies to be able to exit her room without making Kayla scream and cry.)
Jocelyn eventually went back into her crib at around 10 pm last night. Kayla was still awake though for whatever reason (waiting for me, perhaps? ) and I ended up sleeping on her floor.
So far tonight, Jocelyn hasn't made a peep. Hopefully it stays that way because I love getting my uninterrupted sleep. I hope she doesn't miss Kayla too much.
P.S. Jocelyn also happens to be cutting a lower molar (her eleventh tooth! ) George thinks that's the more likely cause of her crying in the middle of the night. I prefer my sisterly bond theory. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment