
The man learned CIRCUITRY, for goodness’ sake! Not even my brother, who is getting his Masters of Engineering at an elite Ivy League university, knew how to wire a potentiometer,
While the girls LOVE playing with the kitchen (okay, Jocelyn “plays” by flinging the cabinet doors open and emptying the contents onto the floor), apparently it doesn’t take much to satisfy the imagination of a little girl. In fact, a plain old $20 IKEA wooden step stool works just fine.

Wish I had known that earlier.
1I stand corrected. George ended up using a 555-chip to get the LEDs to brighten when the knob is turned. But I swear, he had all those other chips I listed too, and probably more. We had Radio Shack boxes waiting on our front step practically every afternoon for a month while he figured the circuit out.
2The physics class did come in handy though, to identify the colored bands on the resistors that were part of the circuit. George couldn’t tell the difference between brown and purple, orange and red… See? I helped too!
I wish I had known that earlier, too!
ReplyDeleteheh heh heh. he couldnt tell because of color-blindness???
ReplyDeletehaha. you should've seen mark trying help his friend identify chinese zodiac animals on little necklace pendants he was trying to buy for his daughters. they had the hardest time differentiating between a horse and dog and tiger and rat. 20 minutes and a magnifying glass to sort it out. hilarious.
ReplyDeleteas for the $20 "kitchen" - well, hindsight is always 20/20! *grin*