Sunday, May 10, 2009

A busy Mother's Day!

Today was my third Mother's Day. Weird!

It was a very busy day. Ah-ma and Ah-Gong came in late last night. The purpose of their visit was two-fold, one was to celebrate Kayla's 2nd birthday and the other was to witness the baptisms of Kayla and Jocelyn. Both my parents were taking photos of the baptism so I apologize for all the similar shots on Flickr, it was too time-consuming to sort them out and put them in the right order so there are just lots and lots of photos of pretty much the same thing!

Here's what Pastor Ken wrote in his blog about the baptisms:
On Sunday, we had four baptisms. I had the wonderful privilege of baptizing infants for the first time. George and Karen came to CTPC around the same time we did, so it was with great joy that I would have the privilege to baptize their two beautiful daughters. Also, I got a chance to baptize my daughter Alisa as well. Please pray for the little kiddies and their families that their little hearts would be good soil for the gospel to be rooted in their hearts one day.
CIMG4363 copy CIMG4366 copy CIMG1104 copy CIMG1117 copy


After church, we stopped by Baskin Robbins so Kayla and I could get our free birthday scoops. The stars were aligned and Ah-Gong was in the mood for some ice cream too. My mom was shocked that my dad enjoyed his ice cream so much. (Apparently it has to be the right weather and temperature, and he has to have eaten a meal and be with the right company to crave ice cream.) George graciously "shared" his scoop of Cherries Jubilee with Kayla (or was it Kayla who shared her free scoop with George?). Kayla loved the ice cream so much, she wanted more even when the cone was all gone, so I had to share some of my mint chocolate chip. Thankfully, Jocelyn slept through the whole thing, so we were able to enjoy our ice cream in peace.
CIMG4377 CIMG4382 CIMG4379 CIMG4400


Kayla was conked out by the time we pulled up into the driveway at home. She was breathing super heavily.


Of course, she didn't want to sleep once she got into her bed. I think she played in the dark with her stuffed animals for a good hour. At least she didn't complain.

For dinner we grilled Korean barbecue and corn. Kayla chows down corn like crazy. Last week, I bought 3 ears, thinking that we could each eat one. George cut off the kernels for her and she ate every piece, then asked for more. So for our Sunday Mother's Day dinner, I bought 6 ears of corn for 4 adults plus Kayla... She ate the kernels off of one, then wanted to eat the remainder of George's, but insisted on eating it right off the cob (because that's how everyone else was eating it).
CIMG1130


After we were stuffed to the brim with kalbi and corn, it was time for our Mother's Day/belated birthday Carvel ice cream cake. (It was really a Mother's Day cake but since I bought it so late at night the supermarket bakery was closed, I didn't bother writing anything on it so I decided it could double as both. It was pink and flowery, so why not?) We sang happy birthday (to Kayla only, nobody mentioned my name) and Kayla sat there all nice and pretty, eagerly looking at the ice cream cake. She tried to blow out the candle several times, unsuccessfully, so George had to blow it out for Kayla and make her think she did it. Ah yes, more ice cream. Kayla gobbled up her slice but was frustrated that the ice cream was too hard for her to eat, so we had to cut it up into smaller chunks for her.
CIMG1132 CIMG1133 CIMG1136


Then it was time to color and Jocelyn had a mini photo shoot (courtesy of the grandparents).
CIMG4427 copy CIMG4433 CIMG4404 CIMG4405


Here are my parents trying to teach Kayla how to hold up two fingers to show that she is now two years old.
CIMG4436 copy

But here is Jocelyn, who has already mastered how to hold up two fingers, as if she's saying "Peace!"
CIMG4418 copy


It was a busy but fun packed day. Luckily for Kayla, we have enough ice cream cake leftover to get us through the week. Who am I kidding? With the way she eats ice cream we'll be lucky if the cake makes it past dessert tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment