George has been getting Kayla up in the mornings and dropping her off at day care, leaving me some more time to sleep in with the baby (who is up at all hours of the night due to spit up issues). This morning, I get an email from George with the subject "hahaha":
So since I dumped all of the clean clothes onto Kayla’s big girl bed, I had to hunch over to sift through the pile to pick out pants and a shirt for Kayla. Kayla, who is still in her pack and play, sees me bending over and says, “Daddy, shake your booty!” I asked her, “Did mommy teach you that?” And she answered emphatically, “Yeah!”
George asked Kayla if she wanted "up" so he could change her diaper. Instead Kayla says, "Up? Kayla shake booty?" So she shook it for a few minutes before she let George change her diaper.
And yes, I admit that I was the one who taught her the phrase "shake your booty." But it was several weeks ago! Kayla was dancing in her room so I told her to "shake her booty," which she thought was hilarious when I showed her how (thank goodness she was the only one to witness it!) but she never actually shook her own booty. I haven't said the phrase again since then. It's mind-boggling the things she remembers and I'm amused by what triggered her memory!
hahahaha. id like to see kayla shaking her booty. that is very cute.
ReplyDeleteyes, this is both adorable and dangerous! be careful what you say in passing now! she will remember it! we'll have to visit one day and have her shake her moneymaker!
ReplyDelete