Friday night, I gave Kayla a bath and got her in her jammies. She was being particularly picky that night and wanted more milk, and then her piggy, so I told her to pick out a book while I went downstairs. When I came back up to her room, I found her in her bed and a book. In the past she's wanted to read her bedtime stories in her toddler bed and then sleep in her pack and play, so I read her books. When it was time to go to sleep, Kayla would not budge. I asked her if she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed and she just stayed there. So I said good night and didn't make a single peep when I turned off the lights and shut the door!
Since we hadn't anticipated her sleeping in her toddler bed, the monitor camera wasn't in the right place but we could still hear if anything happened. Sure enough, at around midnight, we heard a THUMP. I ran upstairs and Kayla had rolled off the bed. Still half asleep and in a daze, she whimpered/cried. I got her some more milk and she fell asleep. George moved Libby's big dog pillow (which has been washed thoroughly) to the side of her bed in case Kayla fell out again. She slept soundly the rest of the night.
Hoping this wasn't a fluke, Kayla napped in her toddler bed again Saturday afternoon. So before bedtime, George packed up the pack and play and moved the toddler bed to where her pack and play used to be. Kayla slept just fine that night. Here she is, happy as can be, when she woke up on Sunday!

Sunday night, we noticed Kayla had flopped over the side of her bed so her head was on the dog pillow and her feet were still on her bed. George went into her room while she was sleeping like this to move her back onto the bed. By the morning, Kayla was back down on the floor, sleeping on the dog bed. (If only Libby knew what has become of her bed now! Poor dog!)
Monday night, Kayla went to sleep in the toddler bed again. George went into her room in the morning to find her like this:

Luckily, she slept through the night without falling/crawling out of her bed Tuesday night. We'll see how she does tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment