Last night Kayla's green-eyed monster made an appearance. I was feeding Joce (or should it be spelled "Joss"?) and George was getting Kayla ready for a bath. We told her to go upstairs, which she eventually did after some strong persuasion. When George and Kayla got to the top of the stairs, Kayla started crying, "Mommy! Mommy!" I'm not sure how George managed to get Kayla into the tub and all (usually I undress her and Kayla runs down the hall butt-naked to the bathroom clutching a towel in her arms, which she hands over to Daddy, who is waiting for her with the tub all filled and ready) but the entire time she's in the tub, I hear her crying, "Mommy! Mommy!" Joss finishes eating from one side so I go upstairs to the bathroom with her - Kayla is standing straight up in the tub, tears in her eyes, not enjoying her bath at all. She calms down when she sees us but remains standing for the rest of her bath. She lets Daddy carry her back to her room and lays down on the changing table but then looks at me (since I'm the one who usually puts her in her PJs, reads her a story, and puts her to bed). George takes the baby and I get Kayla dressed. We read a few stories together, the four of us, and tell Kayla it's time to go to bed. We had to leave her crying for a few minutes. :-( But she fell asleep pretty quickly.
Joss slept pretty well last night, almost 4 hours from midnight till 4 am, in her carseat. I heard her stirring/squeaking and woke up to feed her (my boobs were KILLING me) and she went back down in her carseat sometime after 5 am. Then we woke up at around 7:15, and I fed her again then went to wake up Kayla since George seemed to be dead asleep downstairs. At around 8:00 I stuck Joss in her crib in the nursery so I could tie Kayla's hair up in pigtails... and she slept in her crib until 10:45! AMAZING! I am hoping that this means we won't need to use the carseat as often to put her to sleep :)
Okay so here are the rest of the videos from last night:
Kayla reads Time for School, Mouse!Kayla reads The Belly Button BookKayla reads Are you my Mother?
i think the nickname should be "joce!" joss reminds me of floss. or moss. more, floss. HOW CUTE!
ReplyDeletei sooo enjoyed these readings. they are priceless. she's an excellent reader. so much expression. they sound like good stories!
ReplyDelete