Monday, February 23, 2009

Karate Kid Kayla and other things

Sometimes I wear headbands. If she sees one on the floor or table, or wherever, Kayla oh-so-nicely picks it up and hands it to me and wants me to put it on. Kind of like when she sees a baseball cap and makes George put it on (it can't be sideways or backwards or else she'll have a conniption). A couple of weeks ago, Kayla got a hold of one of my headbands and this time asked me to put it on her. Goofball.

CIMG0343_edited

Oh and by the way, that's Baby she's holding. It was a gift from our friend Krista, who we had over for dinner a few weeks before Jocelyn was born. Baby came with a little peanut shell blanket type thingie but Kayla refuses to let Baby wear it. And it was bye-bye Piggy, hello Baby, and no turning back. Kayla is still sleeping in her pack and play and is doing better about crying/screaming less when we say goodnight to her, but she throws everything out of the pack and play (Piggy and blanket included) in protest. The only toy she holds onto is Baby.

And apparently I've been using the Flip more often than the camera... maybe it's because it's hard to capture an active toddler in a snapshot? I don't believe in making the TV the babysitter but sadly, it is much easier to sit Kayla in front of the TV or DVD player and do whatever it is I'm doing with Jocelyn to let George take care of doing whatever it is he's doing (heating up dinner, taking the dog out, etc.) And because the TV is off-limits in the basement, we've been getting Wonder Pets and Wiggles DVDs for her and playing them on the portable DVD player and Kayla sits there, entranced, on the couch. She's starting to get all the words to the Wonder Pets music too. Here she is watching the beginning of the episode. The phone (which is an aluminum can on a string) is ringing and Kayla says "shake shake shake."



And here comes the part where the Wonder Pets take off in their flyboat to go rescue an animal who needs help! Wheeeee!



Kayla seems to have interesting ways of eating her breakfast (in this instance, bananas and Cheerios). I think Libby gave her some advice for the second clip.





Ok I have a couple more videos to share but that would be too many to include in one post! Plus Melissa keeps bugging me to update the blog more often so I'll leave those for another day. :) Hopefully I'll have some photos of Jocelyn too. Why do second children (and third or fourth) lose out on all the baby photos?

2 comments:

  1. man, kayla is so cute and is getting bigger. and you can definitely hear what she's trying to sing!!!! the 2nd child loses out on all the baby photos cuz the auntie isnt there to take pictures of her. duh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's clearly a method to the madness!

    ReplyDelete