This is Kayla's second year in Montessori preschool. She is talking much more about her school day as compared to last year, where she wouldn't say anything about what went on in class.
One of her favorite things to talk about in the car ride home or at dinner time is what she and Jocelyn ate for lunch that day. Kayla will give us clues about her food, and George and I have to guess. I told her that we had to think of a name for this game, and since Jocie loves Blue's Clues so much, it was only fitting to call the game "Lunch Clues."
Today's clues were...
Food item #1: "We ate something that was yellow on the outside and inside, and it was shaped like a telephone. It had two holes on the end."
Food item #2: "It's green and it's round like a ball."
Food item #3: "It was cut up in small pieces and it was gray." (I personally wouldn't use the color "gray" to describe this food, but I can see why a 4-year old would.)
Food item #4: "It was brown on the outside and inside, and it was like what we just ate a dinner, but it has a different shape."
Did you get all that? Now, we've been playing this game for a couple months now, and we are quite familiar with the types of meals that the preschool lunch service provides. It's really like they have 50 different combinations of meals and they cycle through each meal every month. The same 10 sides get cycled through, as well as the fruit option. So it's not that hard to guess the lunches.
For the answers, scroll down.....
.
.
.
and down....
.
.
.
and down..
.
.
and down..
.
.
.
.
just a little more.....
ANSWERS:
Food item #1: Macaroni and cheese (I guessed banana at first, but then Kayla added the detail about the holes on the end.)
Food item #2: Green peas
Food item #3: Chilled diced pears (I can see why they're "gray" if they're canned pears.)
Food item #4: Bread (we had some Italian bread at dinner tonight with our chili)
The hilarious part of all this is that when Kayla starts giving out clues, and we guess correctly and shout, "Mac and cheese!!" Kayla will get all excited and say, "Yeah!! That's right!!" and then Jocie's eyes will get all bright and big and she shouts, "Me too!!" all emphatically as if it's such a coincidence that she and Kayla eat the exact same lunch every single day.
So creative with the Lunch Clues - what a great way to conversate!
ReplyDeleteAnd I also guessed bananas and was thrown off by the holes on the ends.
Fun Fun!
Hahahaha...that's silly. I definitely guessed banana first, too. How does she know that it is "telephone" shaped? No cell-phone looks like a a macaroni!
ReplyDeleteCutie pies!
great game! i love it! the girls are too cute!
ReplyDelete