Friday, March 1, 2013

Jocelyn's 4th Birthday Party

This year, Jocelyn's birthday party was at Capital Gymnastics Training Center in Burke. This gymnastics center is for serious gymnasts and many high school seniors go on to college with gymnastics scholarships. The center also offers birthday party packages, which I thought would be a great venue for a party in February.
Jocelyn 4th birthday

We ended up having about 12 of Jocelyn's friends attend the party, and had two high school gymnasts as the "coaches." The kids had so much fun jumping, tumbling and swinging, while the parents all got to watch from the balcony that overlooked the gym floor.
IMG_5948 IMG_5950 IMG_5956 IMG_5970 IMG_5983 IMG_5985 IMG_5974

I was a little worried that Jocelyn was going to be too shy to try anything with two coaches she had never met before. The coaches were great, and got Jocie super excited about being the birthday girl and getting to be first for everything! My favorite part of the party was the trampoline runway thing. Poor little Jocie was wearing tights and kept slipping as she jumped:

Thank you to Kristie for the video footage!

The last gymnastics station for the afternoon was the ball pit.
IMG_6064 IMG_6016 IMG_6080

After the gymnastics were over, everyone traipsed back up to the balcony. Each friend got a medal for doing a great job! (They were actually personalized bottle cap necklaces.) Jocelyn attempted to hand them out to everyone but got a little confused trying to read the names on the bottle caps.
IMG_6099 IMG_6105

Then it was snack time! Each friend also got a personalized water bottle that we filled with water, because gymnasts get very thirsty! I found weatherproof labels, wrote the names with Sharpie marker, and then covered the label with clear packing tape for good measure.
IMG_6110 IMG_6112

I tried using the colors in the birthday invitation as my color palette for the party decorations, but since Dollar Tree (my favorite place to scour for birthday supplies) doesn't sell table covers in colors that I wanted, I had to come up with another plan. I thought about making a trip to the party store to get the color I wanted but....... We were in the Home Depot one weekend to place the order for our kitchen counter tops. The kitchen department was located right near the paint department... and one thing lead to another... which is how I ended up with my paint chip table runner.
IMG_5991
I hope nobody reading this blog works for Behr!

Since I couldn't bake my own cake or cupcakes this year, I had to settle for ordering cupcakes with plain white frosting swirled on top from Safeway. To give them my own personal touch, I added sugar sprinkles that matched the party color scheme, as well as cute little gymnast cupcake toppers.
IMG_6096_crop IMG_6097_crop

Everyone sang Happy Birthday, ate their cupcakes and more snacks, and went home happy with their medal and water bottle. Most importantly, Jocelyn had a blast!

IMG_1930

Happy 4th birthday to my sweet little girl!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose for her party! So sweet! And poor sweet Jocelyn slipping on that trampoline thing but what a sport she was because she just got right back up and kept going! Paint samples/chips runner, so cool! Love the personal touches on the store-bought cupcakes and bottle cap metals!! So creative lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww happy birthday jocie! how fun are the bottle cap medals! love! too cute on the trampoline. LOL!

    ReplyDelete