Wednesday, March 14, 2012
A little buggy
Yesterday, upon returning home from school, Kayla noticed something crawling along the base frame of the front door. "Mommy, a bug!" she gasped. "Get it, Mommy! Squish it!"
I don't do bugs. I don't like even seeing them, much less touch them. So I started stomping on the stinkbug. The foam insulation that George had sprayed along the base of the door (that he hasnt trimmed yet) was bumpy and uneven and that made it difficult to actually smush the bug. "Kill it, Mommy!" Kayla shouted while I tried my best not to let on that this was totally grossing me out.
At last, the stinkbug stopped moving. "I think it's dead, Kayla" I said while she peered at it.
"Eww, pick it up!" I shook my head, my brain immediately scanning and trying to remember where the vacuum was located.
"I know, I'll get a tissue!" Kayla exclaimed. As she tried to pick it up, I was worried that she might give up, leaving the job to me. "Eww I can't get it," she said. "You can do it! You've almost got it!" I encouraged her.
"I got it!!" she proudly announced, and ran to the trash can.
That's my girl! She made her mama proud. :-)
Posted via Blogaway
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good brave girl! Aren't u not supposed to squish stink bugs bc of the smell?
ReplyDeletegood job, mommy....a 5 year old is braver than you!!!!
ReplyDelete