Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kayla-isms in Michigan

We've been potty-training Kayla. So far, so good. While she's still in diapers during her naps and at bedtime, she's been pretty good wearing her underwear during the day and staying dry. She doesn't, however, tell us when she needs to use the toilet, so we are constantly asking her or telling her that it's time to use the bathroom.

Yesterday, I was helping Kayla in the bathroom. She sat, peed, stood up and announced, "Pee as a whistle!" I tried correcting her by saying, "You mean, clean as a whistle." "Naaahh," Kayla told me, "Pee as a whistle!"

-----------------

We've been visiting the Huang family in Michigan. Uncle David is in nursing school and was showing Kayla his stethoscope. Kayla listened to her own heart and said she heard the ba boom, ba boom, ba boom. When I asked her if she listened to Uncle David's heart, she made a funny face and said, "He doesn't have a heart!"

1 comment: