So. It's snowing. And it's sticking to the grass. And the driveway. The trees outside look beautiful with a lovely coating of fluffy white snow. It's only December 5th. Who woulda thunk?
(And as a side note for my work friends, all this talk of snow reminded me that I'm behind the ball with the Student Council "Guess the first Snow Day" contest -- I started working on it yesterday afternoon and am hoping we don't have a snow day on Monday so I can still announce the contest on the morninng news!)
Anywho, we have been lounging around the house in our PJs... George and I sipping coffee and munching on random things that I whipped together real quick and threw in the oven. The snow outside put me in a baking mood and these days, "baking" means rolling up refrigerated crescent rolls, ready-to-bake refrigerated cookie dough, and blueberry Jiffy muffin mix. Haha. I found some Christmas sprinkles and stuck them to the sugar cookies as soon as they came out of the oven. That's about as fancy as I can manage now!
Jocelyn and I slept in a little this morning so George and Kayla ate breakfast together. When he pointed out the window to show Kayla it was snowing (at this point, nothing had accumulated on the ground yet), she asked, "Get gloves and jacket and hat and play outside?" to which George promptly answered as enthusiastically as possible, "Go downstairs and watch WonderPets?" and Kayla said, "YEEAAAA!!!" and all thoughts of playing in the snow were immediately gone.
While I was messing around in the kitchen, George, Kayla and Jocelyn were down in the basement playing. The toy kitchen is finally complete (pics to be posted as soon as we locate our camera!!) and the girls were actually playing with each other. Kayla coaxed, "Joce, come here" to follow her to the toy kitchen and Jocelyn actually followed her. Kayla was mixing stuff up in her pots and pans and pretending to feed Jocelyn with a spoon -- except that she actually stuck the spoon in Joce's mouth and Jocelyn clamped down and bit the spoon. Then Kayla got Jocelyn to follow her into the igloo tent and they "ate" some more in the tent.
I came down with some crescent rolls and Kayla felt compelled to feed Jocelyn with too-big-pieces... even though the rolls were cooled by the time I brought them down, Kayla has been blowing on them before tearing off pieces to feed to Jocelyn (I'm sure they had a healthy coating of spit too) saying, "Hey, sweetie mei-mei Joce!" (Mei-Mei means "little sister" in Chinese.)
We were flipping through channels on TV and I saw "German Touring Cars." Thinking that it might appeal to George's speedy side, I flipped to it and asked, "What's this? Do Volkswagens race in this?" and Kayla immediately said, "No, Honda." (At least that's what it sounded like to me and George.)
Later on, George flipped to the DIY network where they were featuring a couple's home with something called cable railing. It looks like this:
I swear Kayla has George's taste in home decor, because she exclaimed, "Cool rail!!!" Since when did she even know what a rail was?!
Then Kayla crawled through her tunnel, saying, "Guys? Guys?? GUYS??? Everybody listen to meeeee!!! I'm stuck. I'm stuck, Daddy, help me. Help me Mama, I'm stuck!" and took turns making me and George pull her out of the tunnel.
Kayla also started running laps around Jocelyn and requested that George run with her. George said he was taking a break and would run with her in 5 minutes. She responded with "Okay." A few minutes later, she asked George, "Daddy breaking? Daddy done breaking?"
Now the girls are sitting by the sliding door, staring longingly at the snow falling outside and banging the glass door with their plastic toy spoons. Never a dull moment with two kids. I'm loving that Kayla and Jocelyn are starting to really play with each other. Let's just hope they don't get into any intense screaming matches like me and my sister did. Riiiiigghhhhht.

LOVE the new layout. Wish I could've been there to hang out on such a lovely, lazy day. Need another video of Joce crawling. And you should take a video of the girls playing peacefully together (while it lasts)! =D xoxo
ReplyDelete