Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lions and Airplanes, oh my!

Back at the end of July, George flew out to Vegas for a couple of days to attend a good friend's wedding. Since Kayla was at day care when George left, she didn't witness him leaving for the airport. That evening I was trying to explain to Kayla where George went. I told her that "Daddy got on an airplane and flew to Las Vegas, far far away." When I asked her, "Where's Daddy?" she answered, "Daddy fly airplane Vegas. Daddy fly far away!"

The next day, George sent a photo of one of the MGM lions. I showed Kayla the picture on the computer and told her, "Daddy took this picture in Vegas." The next time I asked her where Daddy was, she said, "Daddy fly airplane Vegas see lion. ROAR!"

I packed the two girls up in the car to pick George up from the airport. Kayla was super excited to see him. He handed her a stuffed lion from the MGM, which made her even more excited. That night, at bedtime, she wanted to sleep with the lion. I asked her who gave her the lion and she said, "Daddy fly airplane Vegas bring Kayla lion!"

Fast forward to this week. Kayla and George will be visiting Grandpa and Grandma Huang this fall and we are trying to finalize details. Yesterday, George asked Kayla, "Do you want to fly on an airplane with Daddy?"

Kayla's answer: "Yeah! Kayla Daddy fly on airplane. And go see lions?"

2 comments: