Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kayla's 18-month birthday

IMG_0038_edited IMG_0023_edited


Half a year has flown by! I can hardly believe that Kayla is a year and a half already. This has been one of my favorite stages. Kayla is so much more fun and interactive and she picks up on random stuff! For example (and this was a while ago, I don't remember when), George was holding her and she accidentally tugged really hard on his ear and he shouted "OUCH!" really loudly. He must have made some sort of impression on her, because a few days later, Kayla pulled on his ear (more gently this time) and immediately said "Ouch!!" Now it's their own personal game. Another random thing that she must have picked up at day care is that she shakes her toy baby bottle when she feeds her piggy or baby doll. I'm thinking it's because there are some formula-fed babies at day care, so Kayla sees her day care provider shake the bottle before the babies get fed?



Yesterday, on Election Day, I picked her up at day care and still had my "I Voted" sticker on. Typically she sees me, walks over while saying "HIIIEEEE" and then bolts for the stairs to go upstairs to leave. We weren't ready to go yet so I called her back over to get her jacket (which she correctly picked out of a big pile of other kids' coats) and she brought it over to me. After we put on her coat, she noticed the "I Voted" sticker and tried to peel it off my shirt. I took it off and put it on her forehead, which she was happy with. She left it on all evening and wore it at dinner and even while she Skyped with Ah-Gong and Ah-ma.
IMG_0012

Kayla is just so much fun! Of course, she has the occasional tantrum or meltdown but for the most part, we think she is an overall happy kid. Let's see how she does come February...
IMG_0142_edited IMG_0129

1 comment:

  1. your baby daughter is really too cute to handle. i watched the video of her eating her banana snack...i cracked up too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete