It was in the mid-seventies last week, and now it's SNOWING!!! Thank goodness we're headed down to Florida tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with G's parents. I looked up the weather and it should be in the 80s. Time to break out the short sleeve shirts again! ![]()
Okay, so here are the promised pics of the crazy kitchen renovation. Once again, G is hard at work laying down the laminate floor while I play around on my xanga. It's nice having a handy husband!
Before:
As you can see, we had very limited cabinet space along one wall. The "biggest" drawer wouldn't even fit a standard size silverware tray. Everytime I cooked, I spent at least 5 minutes digging around for the right pots, pans and other cooking utensils.
Here is the entrance and the lovely faux-tile vinyl floor.
Demolition:
Everything that was in the kitchen is now in the living room. We (I) can't cook and we have been eating out everyday this past week. We can't even sit on the couch to watch TV.
Signs of new life:
G hangs up the cabinet rail and a partially assembled cabinet to test the height and position of the tallest cabinet. See how much taller these new cabinets will be compared to the old dinky ones!
Here comes the floor! We got laminate so the floor doesn't get all scratched up by the puppy.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment