About two weeks ago, both Uncle Joobie and I had Spring Break (woo!) and traveled to the Huang household to catch a glimpse our newest niece, Jocelyn! We also had majorly fun times with Miss Kayla, who is quickly approaching the ancient age of TWO (yes...2), but luckily still has her good looks, taut skin, and excellent mobility.
Over Spring Break, Joobsters and I got to hold baby Jocelyn, who can tend to be a bit fussy if not being bounced, and we both noticed right away that we were much more comfortable holding Jocelyn after having had practice holding Kayla as a newborn! (I have zero pictures to prove this, so you'll just have to take my word for it.)
Jocelyn is a funny baby who enjoys eating and crying. She also has wonderful cheeks that she must inherit from her Auntie Melissa and the rest of the Jen family. If I had access to the Jen family baby pictures, I would do a photo comparison of Miss Jocelyn's cheeks, and Mommy Huang's cheeks. TWINS! In fact, when Kayla goes through Mommy Huang's old baby pictures, sometimes Kayla will even mix up baby Karen with baby Jocelyn. What's even more hilarious is that if you point out her mistake and say "No, that's your Mommy," Kayla will say, "baby Mama!" which then just absolutely cracks me up. Bahhahahaah.
Baby Jocelyn!

Kayla is an ever funnier baby who like sunglasses, dancing, cupcakes, animals, and her baby sister Jocelyn. I took Kayla outside to play and introduced her to a new friend - "Leaf!" She took Leaf by the hand, toddled slowly down the sidewalk, stopping at each sidewalk square to carefully squat down and sweep each square before proceeding to the next. Kayla is showing all signs pointing to a career in cleaning.
Miss Kayla also seems to be a very attentive big sister. When Jocelyn starts to cry, Kayla will toddle over to the baby, look at Jocelyn, and exclaim "Baby Jocelyn, no cry!" Strangely enough, Kayla is quite excellent at pronouncing the name Jocelyn, but if you ask, "Kayla, what's your name?" she'll reply "KEE-AH!" Oh well.
For humor's sake, here's Kayla struggling to get a piece of Auntie Anne's pretzel from her Grandpa Jen. Honestly, Grandpa Jen's face may be more entertaining than Kayla's.

Oh, also over Spring Break, Uncle Joobie turned an old age, and Grandpa Jen turned an even older age! Here is a video of the Jen and Huang clans singing Happy Birthday to the two birthday boys. Kayla had no idea whose birthday it really was, but she sure was pleased to have everyone singing Happy Birthday and to blow out the candles. She looks so in awe of the cake and candles!
I miss both of these nieces, but by the time I get to see them again, I hope that Jocelyn will be chubbier and smiley-er, and that Kayla will know how to pronounce her own name correctly. Tootles!
i love getting the doting auntie perspective! i love kayla...she's so funny cute!
ReplyDelete